The safety, security and enjoyment of all people attending, working and competing at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games (GC2018) is of paramount importance to the GC2018 organisers.
These Venue Entry Conditions set out the terms on which You may enter a GC2018 Venue, whether for the purpose of attending a Session or for any other purpose. By entering (or seeking to enter) a Venue You agree to comply with and be bound by these Venue Entry Conditions.
Please make sure You review these Conditions thoroughly. If You do not understand any part of these Conditions, please contact GC2018 for further clarification.
The Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) may amend these Conditions at any stage at its absolute discretion. The most current Conditions will be displayed at entry gates of Venues and online at gc2018.com. Please check the most current Conditions prior to making Your journey to a Session.
These Venue Entry Conditions were last updated in November 2017.
When used in these Conditions, capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
“Accreditation” means an official GC2018 accreditation that gives the Accredited Person the right to attend a particular Venue;
“Accredited Person” means any individual possessing, holding or using a valid Accreditation as issued to that individual by GOLDOC;
“Authorised Person” means a person authorised as an authorised person under the Major Events Act 2014 (Qld);
“Conditions” means these Venue Entry Conditions;
“GC2018” means the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games;
“GOLDOC” means the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation and includes its successors and assigns;
“Pedestrian Screening Area” means the area located at the Venue entry point where people and their personal possessions will be screened to ensure that they do not have any Prohibited Items and that any Restricted Items are identified.
“Prohibited Items and Restricted Items” means the Prohibited Item(s) andRestricted Item(s) as set out in these Conditions.
“Prohibited Item(s)” means any item(s) specified as prohibited items in these Conditions that cannot be taken into a Venue.
“Restricted Item(s)” means any item(s) specified as restricted items in these Conditions that may be taken into a Venue but it’s use is restricted.
“Session” means any sport event or ceremony forming part of GC2018 to which a Ticket gives right of entry, the particulars of which are indicated on the Ticket;
“Ticket” means an official GC2018 ticket that gives the Ticket Holder the right to attend a particular Session at a particular Venue;
“Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the ticket purchaser or any person to whom a Ticket has been issued or transferred;
“Venue” means any location where a Session is scheduled to take place (and/or any replacement location to which a Session is rescheduled) and to which a Ticket or Accreditation is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates as well as all other official installations and areas;
“Venue Personnel” means personnel of GOLDOC, and any person or entity with responsibility for delivering an element of GC2018, including GOLDOC suppliers, GOLDOC partners, GC2018 security personnel, Queensland Police Service, or Authorised Persons carrying out an official role or duty within or around a Venue;
“You” and “Your” means the person admitted or seeking admittance as a spectator to a ticketed Session at a Venue.
1. Admittance to Venues
1.1. Persons will only be admitted to a Venue if they possess a valid Ticket for a Session or valid Accreditation which must be presented for inspection at the Venue point of entry.
1.2. Ticket Holders must retain their Ticket at all times whilst they are within a Venue. Ticket Holders will be required to produce their ticket if requested by Venue Personnel.
1.3. Once a Ticket Holder has entered a Session at a Venue, they are not permitted to leave and re-enter that Venue during the same Session unless part of the Session is held outside the Venue and it has been determined by GOLDOC that a pass out system will be implemented.
1.4. Accreditation holders must have their Accreditation visible at all times whilst they are within a Venue. Accreditation holders will be required to present their Accreditation if requested by Venue Personnel.
1.5. Persons who are under 16 years of age will only be admitted to a Venue if they are accompanied by an adult.
2. Refusal of admittance and removal from Venues
2.1. GOLDOC may refuse entry to any person to any Venue and may remove or evict any person from a Venue where, in the reasonable opinion of Venue Personnel, it is believed that the person may cause disruption or a risk to the safety or security of the Session or the enjoyment of the Session by others or breach any of these Conditions.
3. Field of play and restricted areas
3.1. Ticket Holders and non-accredited persons must not enter the field of play at any Venue, or any area to which access is restricted, unless directed by Venue Personnel.
4.1. Smoking will be prohibited within venue perimeters (including open air areas) at all Venues. The use of electronic cigarettes, otherwise known as e-cigarettes, is not permitted within Venues. Some areas immediately outside the Venue perimeters may also be designated as non-smoking areas and smoking will be prohibited in these areas.
5. Security checks
5.1. To enter a Venue all persons must submit to airport style security screening and inspections. These may be carried out with the use of technical aids such as body and bag scanners. These may take place on, before or beyond the point of entry to a Venue. If Ticket Holders or Accredited Persons refuse to comply with any such inspections, they may be refused entry to or removed from the Venue.
5.2. CCTV equipment will be installed at all Venues. Images and footage captured by this equipment will be monitored by Venue Personnel. By purchasing and/or holding a Ticket or Accreditation, Ticket Holders and Accredited Personnel consent to GOLDOC’s use of CCTV images and footage, and to the footage and images being retained by GOLDOC and shared with relevant third party authorities for the purpose of administering the GC2018 security program and otherwise enforcing GOLDOC’s rights under these Conditions.
6. Prohibited Items and Restricted Items
The identification of Prohibited Items and Restricted Items is key to ensuring:
people attending a Venue are safe
queues at Venue entry points are kept to a minimum to support efficient Venue access
spectator enjoyment of a Session is maximised
commercial rights are protected
6.1. Prohibited Items are not allowed to be taken into a Venue and access will not be permitted to any person in possession of a Prohibited Item. Prohibited Items must be disposed of prior to the Pedestrian Screening Area. GOLDOC will not provide a storage facility for Prohibited Items.
6.2. Prohibited Items include but are not limited to:
- hard sided bags of any size;
- soft sided bags in excess of 64 litres capacity (40cm x 40cm x 40cm); food, other than non-commercially branded limited amounts for personal consumption and baby food;
- any glass or metal container;
- any open beverage container containing any liquid or a commercially sealed beverage container in excess of 350mL;
Please note that it is important that all persons are safe and secure within Venues but it is also imperative that people remain hydrated. No part filled water containers will be permitted into the Venues however GOLDOC will provide free drinking water inside each Venue. Spectators will therefore be able to bring into the Venue empty, clear plastic containers of any size.
- alcoholic beverages;
- aerosols, creams, medicines and gels of more than 250mL;
- pets or other animals other than guide and service dogs;
- any vehicle or transportation device, including without limitation any motorcar, motorcycle, motor scooter, bicycle, segways, scooter, skateboard, roller skates or roller blades, with the exception of wheelchairs or mobility scooters where required in connection with a disability or an impairment;
- chairs or similar items that may be used, or which is intended to support or capable of supporting the weight of a person (other than walking aids where required as a result of a disability or injury); However, You may bring one folding chair per person to Nerang Mountain Bike Trails and Belmont Shooting Venues;
- radio scanners, walkie talkies, personal wireless access points, radio frequency jamming devices or any other device which may affect equipment used by Venue Personnel and/or other persons engaged in the management or operation of the GC2018;
- strobe lights, laser pointers; and similar light emitting devices;
- remote controlled devices;
- illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
- any item or substance capable of being used as an offensive weapon, including any type of firearm, projectile or firearms ammunition;
- any object, device, substance or item which may affect the safety of spectators or participants in any session or other persons at the Venue, damage property including (without limitation) spray paint, be used to protest within/around a Venue or interfere with the comfort and/or enjoyment of persons at the Venue;
- fireworks, flares, pyrotechnics, smoke canisters or similar;
- hazardous substances including powders, pastes, chemicals, irritants, toxic substances and gas canisters;
- any type of knife or bladed item, including pocket knife, offensive weapon or implements such as extendable batons, or any items modified into weapons or replica or imitation weapons;
- items which appear to be prohibited items, for example replica firearms or hoax improvised explosive devices;
- inappropriately messaged clothing, banners, posters or material of any kind displaying inappropriate political and/or religious images/writing; offensive race related messages, slogans or images; offensive slogans or images as deemed by Venue Personnel;
- any objects bearing trademarks or other kinds of promotional signs and messages (of whatever nature) which GOLDOC believes are for promotional or ambush marketing purposes;
- articles a person could distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing, promotional or commercial purposes;
- items which may be used in connection with any of the prohibited activities set out in regulation 7;
- any item which is too large to fit comfortably under a spectator seat or is likely to present a threat to safety in the event of an evacuation, or any item that is too large to be electronically screened at the Venue point of entry;
- any flag sticks or poles measuring over 1.5 metres in length and not made of soft plastic; and
- any other item that an Authorised Person considers dangerous, hazardous and/or illegal or that may be used as a weapon or missile or that may compromise or otherwise interfere with the safety or enjoyment of (or pose a hazard to) any person (including security) at the Venue.
6.3. Restricted Items may be taken into a Venue but may not be used in any way that negatively impacts on the safety, security or comfort of others. A person may be removed or evicted from the Venue if they do not comply with the direction of Venue Personnel with regards to the use of a Restricted Item.
6.4. Restricted Items will not be permitted to be used in viewing areas and include, but are not limited to:
- large photographic and/or broadcast equipment over 30cm in length, including tripods and monopods and ‘selfie’ sticks;
- oversized hats;
- noise making devices;
- banners and flag poles;
- flags larger than 1.5 square meters;
- personal mobility devices, mobility aids and wheelchairs. These cannot be taken into the seating areas of the Venue unless You are in possession of a Ticket assigned to a wheelchair position or the device/aid can be easily stored under Your seat. These items can however be stored at the spectator information point located within each Venue.
- strollers or pushchairs. These cannot be taken into a seated area or any other area specified by Venue Personnel. Designated areas will be available at Venues for the storage of strollers or pushchairs.
7. Prohibited activities
7.1 You must not undertake, allow or procure the undertaking of any of the following activities in a Venue or within the vicinity of a Venue:
- threatening behaviour and/or the use of foul or abusive language;
- religious, racial, sectarian, political, homophobic or discriminatory abuse or chanting;
- the taking of illegal drugs or substances similar to illegal drugs;
- any criminal activity, including fraud or theft;
- activities constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person;
- standing in seated viewing areas;
- making or receiving telephone calls during a session where quiet is required at the start of or during a session;
- utilising a seat other than that allocated to You on Your ticket, unless otherwise instructed by Venue Personnel;
- posting, sticking or placing, or attempting to post, stick or place, any poster, placard, bill, banner, print, paper or any advertising material on any building, seat, structure, fence, tree or cordon within or within the vicinity of a Venue;
- distribution, display or other use of any advertising or promotional material, matter or thing (including printed or electronic matter or samples);
- distributing, hawking, selling, or offering or exposing for sale any goods or services, or collecting money or orders for goods and services;
- misusing, tampering with, removing, damaging or defacing in any manner any property in a Venue;
- blocking any thoroughfare including without limitation any stairs, steps, aisle, gangway, overpass, underpass, pontoon, bridge, passage, entry or exit;
- throwing or attempting to throw any object;
- disrupting, interrupting or behaving in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any session, event or activity, or distracting, hindering or interfering with an athlete, official, Venue Personnel, or interfering with the comfort of other persons or their enjoyment of GC2018;
- restricting the view of other persons by raising umbrellas or other items within the spectator viewing areas
- starting or attempting to start a fire;
- interfering with, obstructing or hindering Venue Personnel in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties;
- operating or using a loud hailer, public address system or other broadcast device;
- conducting public surveys or opinion polls, soliciting money, donations or subscriptions from members of the public;
- conducting entertainment without a licence and authorisation from GOLDOC;
- inflating or causing to inflate any balloon, receptacle, device or structure;
- betting or gambling;
- collecting, using or transmitting of any scores, results or related statistics or data for any commercial, betting or gambling purpose.
8. Photo and video content
8.1. Ticket Holders may capture, record and/or transmit still images and/or data taken within venues including by sharing such still images and/or data on social media and the internet provided such capture, recording or transmission is made solely for personal, private, non-commercial and non- promotional purposes.
8.2. Ticket Holders may capture, record and/or transmit audio or video taken from venues, solely for personal, private, non-commercial and non- promotional purposes, but may not license, broadcast and/or publish any such video and/or sound recordings to any public platform including any social media platforms or the internet.
9.1. If GOLDOC delay or fail to enforce any rights afforded by these Conditions, it shall not mean that it has waived its right to do so at any subsequent time.
9.2. If any part of these Conditions is deemed by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of these Conditions shall not be affected.
9.3. These Conditions shall be construed in accordance with Australian and Queensland law and the courts of Queensland shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any matter concerning these Conditions.